Pages

Thursday 8 March 2012

My Vintage Vignette

Hello me lovelies! Today's post is a quick one as I have to get odds and sods done before the weekend. Yesterday was spent in the very delightful company of my dear 'Sew and Tell' girlies, who took me out for an early birthday celebration. A yummy breakfast and a spot of shopping, topped off with tea and cake was on the agenda, and I was spoilt rotten! More about that later. Needless to say, I have to catch up on some work now!

But, there is always time for a little crafting, and I thought I'd share my latest little project with you. I am very excited as I'll be launching my Etsy shop soon, and part of my collection will be my 'Vintage Vignette' shadow box wall art. Here is a little taster...


Original illustrations from April, 1954





































I used a combination of new and old materials to create this display. The gorgeous illustrations date back to 1954! I teamed up antique cutlery, vintage doilies, buttons and lace, and a few newbies with these ladies for this vintage vignette. I am very excited about this collection, as every piece will be unique, a one off! I can't think of a nicer way to preserve pretties from the past. Do keep an eye out over the next couple of weeks, and come and say hello over on Etsy!

Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Hi sweet Tania, I love your gorgeous shadow box! Pink is my favorite color and I love all things vintage! Beautifully made and photographed! Love the quilt and pillow too! I know your Etsy shop will do very well! xo~ Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula! Thank you for your very lovely comments, and thank you for becoming a follower! It is currently very late 02:15am, and I'm still up after a long day and evening of birthday celebrations! So, I'm really looking forward to looking at your blog over the weekend when I'm more awake! I've had a quick sneek peek, and love it! Blessings! ♥

      Delete

Stay a while...Would love to hear from you!