Pages

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Knock-knock...Who's there?

Earlier this morning I heard a knock at the door, and was more than delighted to see the postman standing there with a lovely big box. There is something quite uplifting about receiving a parcel. It immediately feels to me like it is my birthday!

Well, this morning's delivery yielded some wonderful delights. A little while ago I entered a blog giveaway hosted by Vintage Owl Boutique, and when I was informed that I had won, I was over the moon.







I'd love to show you what came out of that big box! I love old/vintage books, and when I unwrapped the first item, I was so excited to see 'The Three Musketeers' by Alexander Dumas. It's going to sit very nicely next to an edition of 'Heidi' which I've had for a long time, printed by the same printers around the same time.




































Now, this little swallow necklace is too cute! Mummy and daughter might have to share, as I'm pretty sure my daughter is going to eye it up!

I also received this gorgeous mini straw-hat fascinator. I already have a 'launch date' in mind for it! Hee-hee...

Now, don't you just love this teacup pincushion? It is beautiful, and very practical. It's going to be my companion during many sewing sessions without a doubt!

Lastly, I found this little guy hiding amongst the tissue paper, a little vintage ceramic owl. So sweet, and I love the colour!

To top it off, Vintage Owl Boutique have also thrown in £10 off my next purchase! Hmmm....I shall have a peruse later...




















I'd like to extend my thanks to Jennie Davis of Vintage Owl Boutique for a wonderful box of loveliness! If you would like to take a look at the website, go to http://www.vintageowlboutique.com. I'm sure you will be delighted with what you find!

2 comments:

  1. how lovely!!! i like the book...! and the teacup pin cushion!!..and the owl!...its all so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what nice vintage items. I love the pincushion!

    ReplyDelete

Stay a while...Would love to hear from you!