Pages

Monday 22 July 2013

'It takes a big heart to help shape little minds'...



So, blue it is! The whole of the United Kingdom is making goo-goo, ga-ga noises at the wonderful news that the Duchess of Cambridge has given birth to a baby boy today. So much speculation about whether the heir will be a he or a she, has preceded the arrival of Kate and William's little one. The majority of people banked on the new royal addition being a princess, but for once I placed my bets in a safe basket! And so, he's a prince! I think we'd all like to welcome the new baby, and I wish the Duke and Duchess all the very best as they embark on this journey called 'parenthood'!

Apart from keeping a close eye on the royal stork's schedule, I have also managed to do a little sewing. Ahem...note 'little'... I really ought to have done more by now, but with the end of the school year drawing in, many school assemblies and gatherings have been keeping me occupied. But, there WILL be more quality Elna time soon! Here's a little something I made today...for a special teacher...

'It takes a big heart to help shape little minds.'

























So, with heartfelt thanks...

























I would also like to say a huge thank you to everyone who pops in and leaves lovely comments! I don't always get round to responding to each and every comment, but I do so appreciate each one. I read them all! 

Blessings
Tania ♥

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea for a thank you gift. My eldest finished today and all the mums were there with bunches of flowers and chocolates. I thought of sewing a welcome banner for pre-school entrance but whimped out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt strongly from the get-go that it would be a boy as well (which I think stemmed from the fact that both of Charles and Diana's children were boys, not that guaranteed a son for W&K by any means, but I couldn't help thinking it had to play a little bit of a role). People are certainly talking about the latest member of the royal family here in Canada, too, but nowhere near as much as in the UK. I'm sure there's such a happy mood across the country at the moment because of the new prince's birth.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your heart. So cute..
    The royal baby is so exciting.. I am in the USA, and our news has been broadcasting it too.. Baby boy was correct!! I can't wait to hear what name they will choose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi. can someone explain the meaning of
    "it takes a big heart to help shape little minds"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rohan. The meaning if this saying, refers to the fact that it takes a special kind of a person, someone with a generous heart, to be a good teacher that can teach young children and influence them in a positive way. I hope this helps! Tania x

      Delete

Stay a while...Would love to hear from you!