To make a jewelry pinboard, all you need is of course a cork pinboard. They come in a variety of sizes, but I've gone for a small one to fit inside my wardrobe door. You'll also need wadding, fabric of your choice, a staple gun and lace or any other trimmings if you like. The sky's the limit as to what the finished product can look like. I've gone for a romantic look, so I used some plain pink fabric (recycled sheet!) and lace. Finally, you'll need some pretty pins. Bridal pins are best as they're longer, and will hold jewelry securely.
- Cut the wadding to the exact size of your pinboard, and layer it on top.
- Cut your chosen fabric about two inches/5cm larger than your board, and layer it on top of the wadding.
- Now pull the fabric tight round the back of your pinboard, and staple it in place. It's best to staple it to the wooden frame as opposed to the cork, as this gives a more secure finish.
- Add lace over the fabric if you're using any, and staple in place.
- Voila! Ready to arrange your jewelry on top!
These pinboards are great for hanging necklaces, attaching brooches, or even hair accessories. Anything goes, so you can have a lot of fun with it! I'd love to hear about your ideas for organizing jewelry better, and if you happen to have a go at making a pinboard, do share some pictures. I'd love to see them!