Pages

Monday 21 September 2015

Pumpkin patching!

Autumn is slowly painting a canvas of red, yellow, rust, purple and gold...Oh, I do love this time of year! As always I am thinking of ways to re-dress areas in our home to reflect the changing season, but truth be told, I just haven't got the energy or desire to go all out this year! Usually the mantel in the living room is completely re-dressed, as is the dresser, but this year I have decided that 'less is more'. Just a few subtle touches will have to suffice!

I have seen the most gorgeous fabric pumpkins gracing the pages of Pinterest, and this year I have finally managed to make some. My only regret...that I hadn't done it sooner! They are super easy to craft, even if you claim you can't sew. You don't even need a sewing machine, although having one makes it a little quicker and easier. As long as you can sew a basic straight line, and a running stitch, you are good to go! I am not going to bore you with the finer 'how to's', as Pinterest is already brimming with handy tutorials. Just type in 'fabric pumpkin' in the search box, and you will be spoilt for choice. All I will say is that I wanted my pumpkins in two co-ordinating fabrics, so I had to do a little more cutting and joining of panels, but you can opt for one fabric only which will be easier.














































































I hot glued some twigs and felt leaves to the top, and some curled copper wire for a quirky finish. Tah-dah! Let me know if you have a go at pumpkin sewing. Would love to see yours!

Blessings


4 comments:

  1. Oh these are super cute, I'll certainly do a little search

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendidly pretty pumpkins! This is my favourite time of the year and I've got my early fall decor out in full force already to great the season's return this week.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pumpkins are adorable - I love to see autumn/fall decorating it's not something we do here in the UK.

    ReplyDelete

Stay a while...Would love to hear from you!