Pages

Friday 31 July 2015

Vintage on Abbey Street No.1

What a lovely week it has been! The kids are on their sunny summer holidays (minus the sun this week!), but the slightly soggy weather hasn't dampened our spirits! Although I've still been at work, I've managed to enjoy some downtime too.

We kicked our holiday off with a trip to the lovely market town of Market Harborough in Leistershire. It is not too far from home, so we set off, armed with three brollies the size of gazebos, and faced the rain! I specifically set off on our journey here to visit a new venture, 'Vintage on Abbey Street No.1'. And as a lover of all things vintage, I was not disappointed! This haven of loveliness is stocked to the brim with upcycled  furniture, lovingly painted in the most delicious colours, vintage collectibles, handmade items, and the most beautiful, quirky lampshades! Several traders sell here, and the wonderful mix of carefully sourced collectibles and beautifully crafted items create a wonderful feast for the eyes. One of my favourite traders is Nicholas and Steele, a husband and wife team who have such a good eye for vintage, and their display of treasures was a delight to see in the flesh. I can highly recommend a visit to Vintage on Abbey Street No.1! You will be greeted with a lovely warm smile too by the lovely Sue and Sarah! Do pop over and take a look at their Facebook page.


















































































































I picked up some beautiful Sanderson fabric, and I'm hoping to make some cushions for the master bedroom. My find of the day was this beautiful enamel bucket. I am still undecided as to where it is going to find a home, but I think it would look lovely with fluffy towels rolled up inside, or as a planter bursting with floral loveliness! Who knows!







































Wishing you all a lovely weekend!

Blessings


2 comments:

  1. How completely gorgeous! We have a serious shortage of shops even a fraction that enchantingly pretty in this country (we're not devoid of course, but the UK has so many more). It's wonderful that you have this shop nearby to visit.

    Joyful start of August wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful your pictures are and I am a big lover of Sanderson fabric, I did pick up 3 small pieces of Kabul 1970's print and keep looking and trying to decide what to make with it. Love your enameled bucket too.

    ReplyDelete

Stay a while...Would love to hear from you!